Chocolate Rice Crispy Cake Recipe – Quick & Easy! 😉
RICE CRISPY CAKES
The weather is fantastic – hot and sunny which is very unusual for English summer holidays! We are making the most of it, so not much baking done today! 😉 You could call it a cheat cake but Chocolate Rice Crispy Cakes are so easy and taste great especially when stored and eaten chilled from the fridge! Yummy!
Chocolate Rice Crispy Cake Recipe
Ingredients for chocolate rice crispy cakes
200g Sainsbury’s Luxury Belgian Dark Chocolate
1oz Salted Butter
3 tablespoons of golden syrup
6oz Rice Krispies
- Layout your empty paper cases onto two trays (approx. 24)
- Fill a saucepan with water and warm on a low heat – do not boil and rest a Pyrex bowl on top of the saucepan (make sure the bottom does not touch the warm water)
- Into the Pyrex bowl break the chocolate into small squares, add 3 tablespoons of golden syrup and add the butter. Stir until it has all fully melted.
- Measure the Rice Krispies into a separate large plastic mixing bowl.
- Pour the melted mixture over the Rice Krispies and gently mix using a flexible plastic spatula.
- Once the Rice Krispies have been thoroughly covered in the chocolatey mix, portions can be spooned into each of the paper cases.
- Put the chocolate rice crispy cakes into the fridge for at least 2 hours so that the chocolate hardens and then they are ready to eat!
- Share the cleaning up with your children and divide the empty, chocolatey bowls and spoons fairly!